20 Things You Didn't Know About Me Until Now
2/27/2013 4:45:00 PM
- I’ve been hunting for deer, bear, and grouse.
- I’m a fish – I grew up in northern Minnesota, land of 10,000 lakes, and I could never live anywhere that wasn’t close to a large body of water. I love swimming, fishing, tubing, knee-boarding, sun-bathing on a boat, and ice fishing.
- I was a 3-time expert on the rifle range while I was in the Marine Corps. I’m a killer when you hand me an M16 A2 Service Rifle.
- There were points in my life when I thought I wanted to be in the WNBA, the President, a history professor, a massage therapist, and a Drill Instructor (and in that order).
- I placed 8th in the state of Minnesota when I was in 8th grade on my high school speech team. The speech that I did was in a New York accent that I did with my older cousin who was in 10th grade at the time. I’m really good at doing accents and I love to act!
- I played clarinet all throughout high school – nerdy, I know, but for the record, I was damn good at it!
- I’m an avid soccer player.
- I can literally hula-hoop all day longer without the hula-hoop hitting the floor and I have witnesses at the radio station that will back me up on that. I enjoy it most while sipping on a margarita.
- My go-to beers: Stella, Matilda, and Coors Light.
- I’m a really good swing-dancer! I had to take a swing-dancing class in high school and would go home and practice with my little brother and it just stuck.
- I owned my first horse when I was 13, I named him Freedom; he was a gelding and was half Quarter horse and half Thoroughbred.
- I once killed a frog, roasted him over an open fire, and ate him. It wasn’t bad either! Tastes like chicken☺ (I was sober for the record.)
- My best friend in college once got in an argument with her ex and he wouldn’t leave her place when asked to. I stepped in and asked him to leave again and when he still wouldn’t go, I grabbed him by the back of his neck and kneed him in the nose. In my defense, I was in gladiator-mode because I had just graduated from Marine Corps Boot Camp. Other than that day, I’ve never been in any other physical fight. I’m extremely protective of my family and best friends.
- I did the Polar Plunge last year to reason money for the Special Olympics with my step-mom and raised over $1000! It.was.freezing.
- In the summertime I like to go cliff jumping with my dad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip9QtrMD6fU – Here’s a YouTube video of my dad and I jumping!
- I can change the oil in my vehicle.
- I’ve had to give away 3 folded American flags to families of Marines that have passed away and say, “'On behalf of the President of the United States, the United States Marine Corps, and a grateful Nation, please accept this flag as a symbol of our appreciation for your loved one's honorable and faithful service” and it’s the most heart-breaking feeling I’ve ever felt.
- I can make a 3-leaf clover shape with my tongue.
- My go-to quote: “If you work really hard and are a good person, amazing things will happen”.
- I’m capable of eating a 25 oz. steak, with a baked potato, while eating a Big Mac meal from McDonalds only 30 minutes prior… again, I have witnesses. I’m a bottomless pit and my family makes fun of me and says that I must have a hollow leg. When my friends and I go through a drive-through I’m not even allowed to hold the bags of food because I’ve been known to eat their food (on accident of course).
I know I’m missing some interesting facts here but these ones were good ones to start with. Maybe later on in the year, I’ll do an extension to this list!