How to Date a Loop Rock Girl
4/30/2013 2:49:00 PM
Finding the right girl (or guy) is never as easy task. In fact, I’ve learned that finding the right person usually comes when you least expect it. However, I listen to you, the fans of 97.9FM, and I hear a lot of, ‘man, I wish I could get a date with you’, so, here it is – your own list of how to date a Loop Rock Girl or someone very similar (i.e. The Ice Crew girls, The Lovables, or a model in general). It just so happens that I also know a few of the past Loop Rock Girls very well so I took what we all have in common and compiled it into a list.
And in no particular order…
- CONFIDENCE (okay maybe I said in no particular order but this needs to be number one) Pretty girls get a lot of attention and you need to be okay with that. Having a job that is in the public eye can be tough for some people so you need to be able to know that you can handle that right off the bat. So being confident is KEY.
- There’s a fine line between naughty and nice and we want both! Looking at the past loop rock girls that are now currently in relationships, I’ve noticed we usually like the guy that a ‘guy’s guy’ on the outside but has a sweet, thoughtful side as well. Take her on a motorcycle ride and then buy her ice cream, that’ll show her you have different sides to you!
- Every girl likes a funny guy. Now, that doesn’t mean forcing pre-determined jokes necessarily but more so being able to tell a funny story. We all have funny stories to share!
- Be passionate about something. The loop rock girl knows her rock and roll so you should have something you’re really interested in as well. I don’t care if you're passionate about sidewalk chalk art or the Bulls basketball team, just don’t be a complete couch potato.
- Nice guys can finish first! If you can keep up with our busy lifestyle of rock concerts, loop events, radio talk, and busy schedule, we will most likely appreciate you no matter what!
- Be a beer guy. If you like drinking Sex on the Beach, that’s fine, but not in front of us. If I order a beer, you can’t order an appletini, sorry. That’s grounds for your man card to be taken away! If you don’t like beer, I suggest you find the next beer tasting event and sign up. There has to be some kind of beer that you like!
- Being charitable is always a plus! That’ll definitely set you apart from other men and catch our attention. Giving back to the community in some way, shape, or form is grounds for an automatic ‘yes’ on a dinner and movie date.
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself! We like rock and roll but that doesn’t mean you have to pretend you know everything about every rock band that ever existed or that you have to grow your hair out and wear guy-liner (in fact, we prefer that you DIDN’T wear guy-liner). Just be you.
- HAVE FUN! If you have fun, we have fun – simple as that. Be upbeat, happy, bring some energy to the table and we’ll do the same. Smiling is contagious.
- Refer back to number one.
Keep in mind, following this list doesn’t automatically mean that you’ll date a Loop Rock Girl but it will give you a great start in the right direction. Hope this answers some of your questions! :)