Rock Band Facts!
9/10/2013 2:24:00 PM
I'm one of those people who genuinely looks forward to opening up a bottle of Snapple simply to see the random facts that they put onto the other side of the bottle cap. Yes, I know, I'm a nerd. For some reason I'm really good at remembering useless facts, like the fact that there are 293 ways to make change for a dollar. Maybe someday this meaningless knowledge will be useful if I ever get accepted onto the show 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' but since I don't see that happening any time soon I've decided that it would be much more fun to learn random facts about rock bands instead!
If you follow me on twitter @TheLoopRockGirl I will now be posting a few random rock band facts a week under the hashtag #RockBandFact! If you have a twitter account you can check them out there and feel free to post any interesting facts you find as well! For those of you who don't have Twitter, I thought I'd share some of my favorite facts here!
- #RockBandFact: Rod Steward holds the record for biggest concert ever. In 1994 he held a concert in Rio de Janeiro with 3,500,000 people in attendance! Now THAT'S a concert (and a traffic jam)!
- #RockBandFact: Foreigner's name came from Mick Jones because half of the band was English and the other half was American.
- #RockBandFact: The only rock star in the band ZZ Top that doesn't have a beard is the drummer, Frank Beard. Ironic.
- #RockBandFact: Slash's real name is Saul Hudson... I was a little sad to find this out because I really wanted his real name to be Slash! His nickname "Slash" was actually given to him by friend's dad when he was a teenager because of his abundance of energy and the name stuck ever since.
- #RockBandFact: The only member to appear on every Pink Floyd album is their drummer, Nick Mason.
- #RockBandFact: Pete Townshend of The Who was the first guitarist to smash his instrument on stage! Rolling Stones later listed it in "The 50 Moments That Changed the History of Rock & Roll".
- #RockBandFact: The song 'Ramblin' Man' by The Allman Brothers Band is the band's first and only top ten single on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- #RockBandFact: In 1964, Eric Burdon and the Animals recorded "House of the Rising Sun" in one take! The production cost was only ten dollars! Now that's a band that can really play.
- #RockBandFact: Bono of U2 got his job by answering an ad that he saw on a bulletin board!
- #RockBandFact: Former guitarist of Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers, Jeff Baxter, is now of the nation's top National Security Advisors and works at the Pentagon! Talk about a guy that made a career change!
Which rock band fact did you find most interesting? Is there any fun fact you'd take to share? Feel free to tweet it to me or comment here! I always love hearing back from fellow Loyal Loopers! ROCK ON!