Ozzy Osbourne Injured In Fire at Home
1/17/2013 4:53:00 PM
Ozzy Osbourne required medical attention on Thursday morning after singeing his hair and injuring his hand while tackling a fire at his home in Beverly Hills.
A candle the rock icon and his manager wife, Sharon, had left burning through the night exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small blaze in their living room and quick-thinking Ozzy, whose arm had been bandaged up following hand surgery on Wednesday, tried to air the room as Sharon rushed to collect some water, but her efforts to extinguish the oily flames only caused the fire to spread, singeing chunks of the rocker’s long locks in the process.
“At five o’ clock, I heard a noise like metal had fallen. I thought it was my housekeeper coming in and she had dropped her keys on the tiles, that’s what it sounded like, so I didn’t pay any attention. A few minutes later, my eyes are stinging and my throat’s closing up, (I thought), ‘Something’s weird smelling in here’.
“Then my dog started to bark. I go downstairs and the whole living room (was on fire). The candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass and the candle exploding …
“My husband had an operation on his hand yesterday so he’s in a complete cast. … He comes down and goes, ‘Oh, the fire, the fire!’ (and tries to put it out) with his hand in the cast. Then he opens the French doors and I go into the kitchen and throw water on it and it erupted…
“Ozzy’s front of his hair from (his ear down is), gone! His eyebrows (are gone)… he’s got like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like ‘The Three Stooges’… Everything you are not meant to do – go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on – we did it all.”
Sharon also used the opportunity to issue a sincere apology to Ozzy and vow never to light another candle in their house ever again.
She said, “They (the firemen) come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy’s like, ‘She’s been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!’
(STORY FROM SFGATE.COM)
Glad you're okay, Ozzy!