BEHOLD… the Prince of Darkness.
Here are 10 things you may not know about Ozzy:
1. Ozzy’s very superstitious. (Geezer Butler says he’s also a hypochondriac.)
2. “Suicide Solution” (from “Blizzard of Ozz”) was written in response to Bon Scott’s death in 1980 and Ozzy’s own issues with alcohol abuse.
3. Long before he was a superstar, Ozzy was busted for breaking and entering. He spent six weeks in detention for his crime.
4. Ozzy suffers from dyslexia.
5. Ozzy’s been in a few movies, including playing an anti-heavy metal televangelist in the 1986 film “Trick or Treat”:
6. “S.A.T.O” is one of the best songs on “Diary of a Madman,” but what does the title mean? Nothing satanic or cryptic, actually. The letters combine the initials of his then-manager, now-wife, Sharon Arden and his then-wife Thelma Osbourne.
7. His favorite movie is “Monty Python’s Life of Brian”
8. Ozzy’s live album of Sabbath songs, “Speak of the Devil,” shows Ozzy on the cover with his fanged mouth covered in “blood” (it was actually raspberry jam).
9. The title of “Diary of a Madman” was inspired by the 1963 Vincent Price horror flick.
10. He loves Johnny Cash.